Friday, April 8, 2016

O, Week's Favorite, Spring

 
O:  ONIONS at the Farmers Market, which opened on Tuesday for the first time this  season!

WEEK'S FAVORITE: My other daughter-in-law
(not Lorenzo's Mommy) 
Is she awesome or what??!!  
Both of my sons made wonderful choices!
 
SPRING:  the blooming trees are getting started, but we are having April Showers this week, so the blossoms may get knocked off before they get pollinated. 
 (But we love and need the rain!!)

These blossoms on the cherry tree remind me of popcorn!
 
 
***************

6 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

Waiting for spring, farmers' markets and buds here!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I can't wait for the Farmer's markets to open here, usually sometime in May. The spring blooming trees are very pretty.

Alica said...

I enjoy going to the farmers' markets here too. There's a really nice, historical one in downtown Lancaster, but more often than not, I go to the many roadside stands that are all around us. Your daughter in law is amazing! And in response to your comment about my fern leaf peony...the fern leaf is a very, very early variety. I'd never seen it before until a friend gave me a piece. My regular peonies are only about 6" high, and I'll expect those blooms mid-May, as you suggested. It's so fun to find unique plants! :)

Tom said...

your daughter in law is a lady of steel

brokenteepee said...

Your daughter in law looks very strong! I can't wait for fresh vegetables from the garden.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for the farmer's market season to begin, but ours is really late when it starts. Great image of your DIL. I'm afraid the freeze we had this weekend will ruin our fruit crop for the year. Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt and have a great new week!