Friday, March 11, 2016

K, Flower, Week's Favorite

 K: K-Mart is the hub of our shopping experience
here in Big Bear.  We also have groceries, pharmacy, and hardware, and a few small local businesses ... but beyond that, one goes "down the hill" for shopping, which is 60+ miles each way down the mountain and back up.  Sort of a once-a-month thing. 
Needless to say, mail order is a way of life here!
 

FLOWER: My daffs and tulips are working hard to come up and open.  I have one daffodil that is actually blooming this afternoon, but we're supposed to get 6 - 8" of snow tonight, so it will probably be a goner by tomorrow.  There are lots more sprouts and buds out there though, so next week should be better.

Saturday morning: well, we only got about 4 " of snow, and it's melting fast, so this perky little daffodil did OK!
 
WEEK'S FAVORITE: Winter sunset down the lake.
 
***************

5 comments:

Tom said...

from the sounds of things, Kmart might not last much longer

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

My favourite is the winter sunset very pretty. Enjoy your week ahead.

Anonymous said...

I do love mail order. I don't even have that far to go, but it's much easier to find exactly what I want. Lovely daffodil. So glad it made it through the snow! I saw I had two little tulips braving the goats in my yard. That was a pleasant surprise. The sunset is beautiful! Thanks so much for joining Friday's Hunt.

Alica said...

What a pretty daffodil, trying so hard to bloom! Ihope it survives the snow. That would be quite pretty to see!

Anonymous said...

Love that sunset! Mail order is wonderful. That's a pretty good trek up and down the mountain.